Thursday, July 16, 2009

Just... one... more...


One more English paper pieced pillow.  Here's how it happens...

We plan a road trip that involves several hours in the car, followed by a few days away from the sewing machine, then several more hours in the car driving back.

I'm not driving.  My hands will be free, and not working on something during all those free hours isn't appealing.  So, I cut a whole bunch of papers, quickly pick out a batch of scraps from the scrap bin, iron the papers to the back, pack an abbreviated sewing kit, and I can be happily on my way.

This patchwork was started last month on such a road trip, and since I don't want to be a collector of (more) half-done projects, I made it big enough to be a pillow top.  I finished it up yesterday.  Yay!!  I had another pillow that was looking sort of worn out, so I ripped off the old cover and crammed the form into this new cover.  It was a tight squeeze, but I managed to get the zipper closed.  Yess!!

2 comments:

karyn said...

ooh, i like this with the solids in the middle. you're so craft productive. if only my queen sized quilt was more portable!!

Michelle said...

Oh puh-leease, you are not nearly finished making EPPPTs . . . surely, you have more car rides to MI in your future, more waiting around for kids, more plastic baggies to fill with your scraps, more teeny tiny stashes to bust. Admit it - you're addicted for life.