Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thread Wrangling


When I get a small ball or skein of perle cotton, I like to wind it around a big, fat, flat craft stick. It takes up less space (than the ball with the cotton wrapped around a squat cardboard tube), and the cotton can be unspooled without turning into a tangled mess (like in a loose skein).

As a bonus, it's also lollipop-like. Yummy candy colour. The bottom two are from The Cotton Mill Threadworks . They are a delight to work with, not to mention utterly gorgeous!

1 comment:

Alessandra Collar Lipman said...

I've been hitting my stash of embroidery thread for my current project. I've been couching it with my machine, using a zig-zag stitch. The colors of the machine thread combined with the embroidery thread are creating some great effects. The stuff you have would be great, color-wise, for quilting, or for doing couching. Use lots on your next project! (Hey, maybe that would be a good class for you to teach - quilt embellishing!)